A sporadically-updated music collection blog. Send questions to twitter or email me.

Sunday 1 April 2012

Perfume Genius - Put Your Back N 2 It

Right. So I'm a good few posts behind, but I'm going to skip a load of stuff because I actually bought a newly-released record recently and sometimes it's nice for this blog to be almost relevant. I hope that's okay with you.

So on the 20th of February, the second album by Perfume Genius was released. Put Your Back N 2 It (weird spelling necessary, apparently) is the follow-up to 2010's magnificent Learning. I was pretty late to the party as far as that album is concerned. Indeed, I listened to it for the first time in January and swiftly fell in love with it. Upon spotting that he had a new album out soon, I umm'ed and ahh'ed over pre-ordering the album on vinyl, forgot about it for a while, then eventually picked it up a few days after it came out from the HMV website with that magic discount I've spoken of before. And now, pictures.


Yeah, cover! As per usual, I have no idea what it's about. This one annoys me slightly, because the words (I believe deliberately) off-centre and it doesn't sit right with me.


The inner sleeve has a nice denim-y pattern on one side, and we've got the usual plain black vinyl. Yep.


I've done these photos slightly differently to usual, because the reverse of the aforementioned inner sleeve is great. It has the lyrics to the whole album and in the bottom-right a download code for the album (which I have blurred out, as usual). I love me a download code. The back of the outer sleeve actually looks really nice as well, very pastel-y.

As for the album, it's awesome. It's the kind of thing that needs to be listened to in headphones late at night. It's fragile and emotional, and the sort of thing you can completely lose yourself in. It might be a bit excessive for some and as such it's not going to be for everyone, but if you're interested then it's on Spotify and there's a full stream on the Guardian's website. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

1 comment:

  1. The best article I came across a number of years, write something about it on this page. perfume Gucci

    ReplyDelete