A sporadically-updated music collection blog. Send questions to twitter or email me.

Thursday 31 March 2011

Frightened Rabbit - Be Less Rude/The Greys

So I've posted about Frightened Rabbit before. I make no apologies for the fact that as of late I've been semi-intentionally collecting all the Frabbit vinyl I can get my hands on. I say semi-intentionally, I've just happened to stumble upon a few bits (more of which shall becoming soon). This single I found in the same box as the Sky Larkin single (it's a link frenzy today), for the same cheap price of £1, similarly from an old first album, and similarly a double-A side single. What a coincidence.


Ohhh Frabbit. I love your artwork so much. This is a lot like the cover of the album the two songs come from (here it is for comparison's sake) in that it's largely grey with a little bit of colour, which stands out a lot. I like the almost hand-drawn style of the pattern too. Top notch.


Black vinyl it is. Bit of a shame that The Greys (the song) is not on grey vinyl, but I'm being fussy yet again. This also features some fantastic labels, with the multicoloured rainbow from the cover being stretched all the way across. Isn't it pretty? So yes, our two songs on here are Be Less Rude and The Greys. Both fantastic songs, The Greys is a fast-paced and comparatively "heavy" with respect to the rest of the band's output. Be Less Rude is a lot more like what we're used to, and features the delightful lyric "I'm afraid you've been misled, your high horse is in fact a pony". No idea of the pressing info for this one, I'm afraid. It's awesome regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment