A sporadically-updated music collection blog. Send questions to twitter or email me.

Sunday 19 December 2010

Reuben - Deadly Lethal Ninja Assassin

So I decided to pair up my two Reuben vinyls with consecutive posts. It saves me from having to write about how amazing they are again, so we can just go straight into talking about the single this time. Yay!

Deadly Lethal Ninja Assassin is great. It comes from the band's third album (In Nothing We Trust), and is the most catchy song on the album. It even features the excellent Frank Turner doing vocals on the chorus, alongside some guy who used to be in Hundred Reasons (a.k.a. the only person involved in the song who isn't one of my lifetime heroes). There's an equally good video for the single, which you should definitely watch. Let's take a look at the vinyl.


So this is the cover. I think we can safely agree that it's brilliant. It reminds me a lot of the film The Iron Giant, but more violent considering I don't think the giant got hit with a stick in the film. It's also worth mentioning that it's printed onto matte paper, instead of the usual glossy covers for most singles. This makes it look even nicer. Kudos to the artist, who is apparently a man called Ashley Wood.


Can you read that? Yeah, they managed to squash two tracks onto the B-side. Push and The Weight Of The World, which are both pretty solid songs. Majorly impressed with this single. Come back Reuben, we need you.

No comments:

Post a Comment